RC:
Dr. Phil:

So, I just went to the dealer to drop off the car for the brake fix. I made sure to pre-book a loaner car while they fix my own.
Apparently the salesman (who handled my rental)  was supposed to book that car - but forgot. 
They found a nice Golf Diesel full of navel lint and bread crumbs instead. 
Again: Brilliant service, I must say. They really go out of their way to make me feel appreciated as a client.

Smiley Smiley Don't worry: I have my R8 at my Audi dealership for a tire and oil exchange and exactly in that day I was bringing the car, they had an audit from Audi. So instead of getting a R8 Spyder for a couple of days, as planned, I got a brand-new Audi...A4. With manual(!). Smiley Actually not a bad ride at all and quite fast for it's 190 Diesel horses, I am impressed.

Sales guy apologized a thousand times. Alternative would have been a Q7 with the standard Diesel engine but this car probably doesn't fit in the garage I keep the R8 in.

Things like that happen but it depends on how the sales person and/or service people behave and their quality of work.

Btw: Brought my 911 GTS Cab to the Porsche dealership for similar stuff...wheels exhange, service, Approved warranty extension for a year. Weather is very nice and sunny outside right now, we have over 21°C in Bavaria, which is unusual for March. So one of the dealership employees apparently thought it is more appropriate to take the Boxster S reserved for me as a loaner and they gave me a Macan S Diesel instead. Smiley Smiley I take this stuff pretty personally but usually, I shut up. No sense to argue or make demands. Next time I negotiate for a new car, I weigh this in and usually get a better deal. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

When I took my Boxster GTS in for its 1st service I was loaned a brand new 991/2 Carrera S - and I didn't even buy our Boxster from that dealership! I know where I will go if I am ever in a position to buy another Porsche - sadly unlikely though Smiley

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Volvo V40 D4 R Design daily drive