Ferdie:

Lasse,

I totally understand your point of view and would probably feel similar. The thing is, you and probably many other here have a different view on how to treat a car. That is something those people do not understand. I bet that your dealership is a rather large one, this lack of interest is typical for big companies where the single one doesn´t count. The BMW dealer that we service my GF´s car at is run by the owner and his family and you feel that as soon as you enter. It is a different vibe than those big dealerships that are part of a network and belong to a bigger holding, preferably even selling different brands. The indididual, no matter how motivated he or she is, will at some point lose the enthusiasm and care more for numbers and sales pitches than for happy customers. It is sad but definitely the reality and applicable to many brands. It doesn´t have anything to do with Audi, the Volkswagen Group or anything else but much more with the dealership.

To the issue itself, I don´t know if it is by law necessary to mention track use to the customer but, as you said, prohibiting track use while using the very same car on track is quite awkward. See the positive side that they admitted this track use instead of denying it and blaming you for excessive wear. Don´t be mad for too long, that´s not helping anyone after all. 

After all, I´d say Joost´s negotiation method is superb. Smiley

Hey Ferdie,

thanks mate Smiley
I completely agree. They don´t give a f#ck.
I was actually thinking about having stickers made and putting them on the car:
"DON´T RENT A CAR FROM AUDI - THEY LIE AND CHEAT" and then a link to "FuckMyAudi.com" Smiley

I read about a man who did something similar - I wonder if I can find that article and get some inspiration Smiley