martini964:
nberry:
mcdelaug:
nberry:
mcdelaug:

What I believe you are missing is people buy Porsche's and Rolexes not because they are snobbish or arrogant but as a reward for the modicum of success they have achieved in life. It's a display of success and has nothing to do of with disrespecting anyone.kiss

Oh boy, whats the meaning of success? money? So if I buy a porsche from junk yard for 5k,and put 2k to fix it, and you saw me driving on street, you call me successful person  because I'm driving porsche? 

As i posted earlier, this concept of a car demonstrating a measure of success and defining the owner is not readily accepted by some. Apparently, they are not comfortable enough in within their skin to acknowledge it. Granted some do not harbor strong feeling about it but nevertheless it is there. Otherwise, all the luxury car manufacturers would be out of business.Smiley

As to your question, if buying a Porsche for 5K and driving it makes you feel successful then that is what it is. As to how other may see you I cannot answer that question.Smiley

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."