Did you buy a Mercedes E55 AMG, S55 AMG, S600 or CL600 lately? Yes? You're not gonna like what you'll read now.
Do you own a 996 Turbo with Tiptronic or just a nice 996? You're not gonna like what you'll read here either.

Autum, this year. Mercedes introduces the new E55 AMG, the overworked S55 AMG, S600 and CL600.
All four models will accelerate from 0-200 kph (125 mph) in around 16 seconds, a blink of an eye faster than the 996 Turbo and definetely faster than the rest of the 996 line.
With the exception of the E55 AMG which gets 476 HP, all other mentioned models get 500 HP!

I'm disappointed with Porsche. Whenever I talked to them and asked about more power, they told me that there is no demand for more power among customers. And lately I even got a slap into my face, telling me "look how many people ordered the C4 S, they want good looks and not more power".
If Porsche customers don't want more power, which I highly doubt, why do Mercedes customers want (or need?) more power? This is a question Porsche has to answer to me.
Are Mercedes customers more sporty now and Porsche customers grew older or was just some Mercedes CEO p.ss.d to be outrun by a Porsche every time he drove to work in the Stuttgart area.
Mercedes does customers a great favor: they upgrade the S55 AMG, S600 and CL600 by almost 140 HP(!). Not 20 HP more, not 50 HP more, almost 140 HP more. Now that's customer friendly. Performance on the mentioned Mercedes models improves substantially and I already see the grin on some Mercedes S class drivers when they approach a 996 from behind.

Don't get me wrong: I know that a Mercedes S-class will never outrun a Porsche, not even a Boxster, on the track or on nice country roads. But I still can't get used to the thought that I'm driving 125 mph on the Autobahn and some S-class driver with suit and hat wants to pass me because I'm not driving fast enough. Ouch.

Let's do a poll.

Should Porsche increase the power output on their cars? If yes, by how much?
Yes, by at least 30 HP.
Yes, by at least 50 HP.
Yes, by at least 100 HP.
Yeah, gimme me as much as possible, baby!
No, power output is sufficient.
No, more power is dangerous.
No, who needs more power anyway?!

I hate doing such polls but I still don't feel comfortable to see a Mercedes S-class in my back trying to play around with me.

I'd like to know your opinion on this subject. Please feel free to post your feelings and try to tell us exactly what you think.
While other car manufacturers offer more and more power on their cars, Porsche gives us HP figures as medicine, little spoon by little spoon. I don't understand that. Honestly.