Quote:
Eric (Plug Guy) said:
"Thats what I know for sure, more to come..."

If somebody uses these words, it can't be true. The specs for the 998 are already on the planning table but there is nothing "sure" and the V8 engines are just a possibility, not a fact.
I remember when a guy who works at Porsche directly told me that the updated Boxster gets xxx HP a while ago. Surprisingly, it got 8 HP more than this guy told me. And he worked in the production by that time.

Dealers usually get the same information as customers, we have dealers who get their info on updated models on Rennteam.com and other internet sites. This is no joke!
Of course Porsche doesn't want to unveil too much, not even to dealers because otherwise sales would drop substantially, especially shortly before a model change.
I know that Porsche invites "selected" owners of dealerships worldwide to throw a look at their new and upcoming models. This usually doesn't happen sooner than 6-12 months or so before planned introduction. But Porsche does not tell dealers, even the "selected" ones, details about future models. They get a hint or two but not more.

So if someone says "I know for sure...", this is usually BS.
But we've seen that before on the internet.

Regarding the upcoming 997 Turbo: there have been suggestions to make the TOP2 look much more different than the normally aspirated 997. Based on the success of the new 997 design (which isn't really "retro", the front lights are oval shaped...), the 997 Turbo gets a similar or a more different design. It doesn't make much sense to speculate now about future models.
The interior of the 997 doesn't look like the interior of the Cayenne. It may look "similar" because Porsche went back to a more simple design but it definetely doesn't look the same. It is funny, when I first saw it, the interior of the 997 reminded me of the Audi TT (no kidding!). Of course it doesn't really look exactly that way but it is nicer than the current design.

The 997 shows up soon, first official pictures should be available around march or april.

Regarding power: Porsche is aware of the competition, this is all I can say now and this is actually all I've been told (but with a grin on the face ). So I truely hope that Porsche understands the competition, the dangers of selling "underpowered" cars and the wishes of future customers. If they can't (or don't want to) raise power, they should lower weight. It is possible but probably more expensive than to raise power.

The next 2-3 years will be very interesting and I'm sure we'll see a surprise or two from Porsche.