Quote:
RC said:
Porsche could install even a 400 HP engine into the Cayman S and it would still be a...Cayman.....Don't fall for illusions and daydreams: Porsche will never allow the Cayman or any other car priced below, to "threaten" the 911.

Agree with your comments RC, but perhaps I was too subtle in the point I was trying to make. Original thread topic was 'Cayman handles great, but if they gave it more power and LSD it would probably lap faster than 911'
'Aha,' said someone. 'But you can't have cheap cars go quicker than expensive cars! That's bad for business!'. So I said that on that basis, give the Cayman the same power as 911, and if you like LSD, and price it at or above 911 price. That would keep the 'Rules of Porshce' consistant, and give us buyers a choice of equally fast car to buy at that price point... That would keep us ALL happy, right? Probably not, for the reasons I was trying too subtly to say, and you less subtly concluded - the Cayman is too Boxster-like to price it at 911 levels and still sell, regardless of power or ability. I still like it though, more for being a winter version (or hotter climate version!) of the Boxster. Though would prefer it priced closer to the Boxster. (Either move the Boxster up, or the Cayman down).