Quote:
Justin said:
Hey Nick,
Long time, no see! Excuse my ignorance for a moment...

I'm curious as to what it would take to be in your situatio in the Ferrari world. Assuming I had the money, would I have to: a) know someone, b) first buy a used Ferrari at $50k over MSRP, c) sign any agreements for consignment of future trade-ins, d) service their car only at the original dealership e) all of the above?

I guess my question is whether someone can obtain a Ferrari at MSRP without first jumping through certain hoops, and if not, what are the costs of these hoops. In the long-term, the net costs of these hoops may very well be zero due to flipping and trade-ins.

Actually, not very difficult to get a new F@MSRP in US within a few mths....similar simple game to getting a desirable table on short notice at FrenchLaundry/Daniel/PerSe/ElBulli, etc.....even if one isn't a car guy/foodie, most shrewd guys w/resources have pals who are plugged-in at F/top-tier restaurants....and "slush fund" always exists for guys introduced by top-tier customers.....same game as getting a desirable tee time at a legendary golf course or a short-notice, desirable suite at FourSeasNYC/Paris.....capitalism and business relationships 101: simple, logical stuff, right?

And ponder the fact that many/most of the richest guys in any major city in world have no interest in even getting a F/if they have one, they only bother to drive it a few days/yr to take the wife to country club/dinner in S/EHampton/PalmBch, etc....