Quote:
nberry said:
I will acknowledge that Von Saurma has familiarity with the Ring. But to conclude Von Saurma is able to extract the best time for all the cars he drives on the Ring is just plain nonsense. If that was the case, all car manufacturer's would turn their cars over to him. We all know that is not the case.

Of course, this is coming from someone that is clueless.

I won't argue regarding this "clueless" thing. But regarding HvS: look at the cars tested in the Supertests, I'd say that car manufacturers trust him pretty much. Of course I don't know if they like the results, thats a different story. BTW: you don't really think that car manufacturers pass the keys of the car to HvS, HvS steps into the car, drives his Nordschleife time and the test is over?! Things work completely different, some manufacturers have a team of technicians and engineers on standby, they check everything and if they REALLY don't like the results, I'm pretty sure that HvS would be cooperative enough to refrain from publishing. It is a give and take situation, if you want car manufacturers to give you cars and play along, you have to give them a chance to say NO in the end.

Regarding the Z06: I don't understand why we're so surprised again. No doubt, the Z06 is a very fast car and a bargain for it's performance. But we haven't seen a 997 Turbo review yet. Regarding the GT3, I doubt it can keep up with the Z06 on the straight line, very unlikely.
Nordschleife? Well: I'd say the Z06 and the GT3 may hit the same track time, somewhere in the 7:50s. Depends on the driver and road conditions. And speculating that the claimed 7:42/7:49 times for the 997 Turbo are true, I think that there is still a small advantage for the Turbo. But let us not start with speculations again, we will learn the truth sooner or later.