MKSGR:
noone1:

The difference in price between a 991 Turbo and a 650S is at least 50K Euro, more likely 75K after options. There is no GT2 and the 997 GT2 RS depreciated massively before only recently appreciating. And that was model limited to 500 cars.

Even bare bones, not a single option, the 650S was 30K Euro more than a Turbo S. Someone just said base price in Germany for 720S is 247K Euro.

Do you think that 30k or 50k make a difference to buyers of these cars? To me these cars are all in the same class, i.e. I don't think about their relative pricing when deciding to order one of these cars Smiley

The GT2RS did not depreciate massively even before the hype: for example I had one with about 60.000km that sold for about 25% below MSRP after 3.5 years. Another example: a GT2 (also 3.5 years old) I sold with about 90.000km for approx. 35% below MSRP. Not so bad Smiley 

If $30-50K doesn't matter, then $30-50K in depreciation doesn't matter.

How much does the average McLaren owner make per year? 300K? 500K? So they lose an extra month's salary or two in depreciation over 5 years.

Again, I don't see what the big deal is to many buyer. You underestimate the wealth and income of many buyers. Some care deeply about value and depreciation, but many simply don't, nor do they need to. I buy used because I just don't need a car that bad, nor in a very specific spec. Some people do and they have no problem paying for it.