Quote:
RC said:
I didn't read a single review in a german magazine (and RUF and RS-Tuning ARE german Tuners, RUF even with the status of a manufacturer) where tuned 996 Turbo with up to claimed 600 HP had an acceleration time from 0-200 kph below 11 seconds. Unless of course the Tuners ripped off the 4WD and some weight but I'd say this is a completely different story.

We already had some "testing" going on and the 997 TT is fast, very fast. Same with the Z06, no 997 Turbo Manual can outrun it on the straight line, sorry to say that.
But since these are only nice words and nothing more, we should wait until mid July when we hope to be able to finally do the "official" comparison.

And in the meantime, I'm pretty sure that some car magazines worldwide will start to review (with REAL test figures) the 997 Turbo, hopefully starting in May.

Like I said, the Turbo, measured by Autozeitung, did 100-200 km/h in 7.1 seconds, at full weight. Very impressive, if you ask me. Of course we're talking about tuned cars vs. a stock car. I'm pretty sure the powerkit and the S are gonna be just as fast, if not faster.