I guess I've been driving my car too fast! Haven't lost the roof yet (only 1500 miles on it though). Yes, there's been one guy who's had the problem three times on a standard C6 (not sure what the dealer's doing). It's black and many are pointing to the adhesive that's being used. EMBARRASING! What are they doing? I had a C5 for eight years (black) with no problems.
I'm also embarassed when people come over here just to get digs in on the Porsche crowd for no apparent reason. The problem with the Z06 has nothing to do with being "faster" than the 997TT (especially when it's not out yet). They also tend to forget that all the times are posted by professional drivers and not amateurs. On the track, it's a possibility they'd get burried by a prepped 996!
For now, my car has been flawless. It has an unbelievable engine and chassis (when hooked in a corner, you can really feel how stiff the chassis is by all the feedback coming in through the seat of your pants). I'm loving it.
Oh, most Vette owners aren't as crass as the several that show-up here every now and then. There's a thread on the Corvette Forum right now where a guy is asking if he should by a Z06 or an AMV8. So far, it's overwhelming the number of responses for the AMV8.