SciFrog:

What a bunch of very strong opinions for people who have mostly not seen the car in real life... Sorry but when someone says "I won't buy the car because of a couple of pics I saw on the internet" is simply ridiculous. The car is groundbreaking design accompanied with a step up in performance especially in convertible. The only convertible car that Porsche has to compete with this is the 918 which costs 10 times the price.

Any serious car collector around here would probably buy a 720S. Personally if I had the interest to own such cars I would have a TdF, a Hurracan spider and a 720S convertible. The only Porsche of interest short of the 918 is a Singer.

Yup, funny how the people who dislike it most haven't even seen the car, yet the people who have seen it in the flesh actually seem to like it. Such is actually the case with most McLaren. I think they usually look pretty mediocre or bad in pictures. The presence in the flesh is massive though and really positive.

I'm selling my 12C and when I went out to take pictures, I got home and thought, "Man, the car just doesn't look good in these pictures." I walk outside and the car look great. I take a picture and it just looks meh.

Some designs just don't photograph well and require normal eyes, perspective, and surroundings to really shine.