Quote:

1. what happens if you need a new engine? Who pays?
2. what happens if your aftermarket tuning puts too much stress on the drivetrain, causing a nasty behaviour at let's say top speed?
3. what about resale value?
4. what about high speed reliability?

I saw many tuned Cayenne Turbo sitting around for repairs, most of them with broken engines. When I went to Zuffenhausen for some talks, two tuned Cayenne Turbo with broken engines were there for repairs too.
I'm also sure that you added the better brake to your tuned Cayenne because, like I reported in some earlier posts, the standard Cayenne Turbo brake is crap when driven hard. It is hardly capable of handling the standard power.

I had my 996 Turbo tuned at RS-Tuning because I know what they were doing and it proved to be right, no problems.
With the Cayenne Turbo, things are a little bit different. The engine is new and since it is pretty similar in design with Audi V8 engines (some even say that it is a highly modded V8 Audi base design because of the engine software mapping and codes), mostly Audi/VW tuners offered kits for the Cayenne Turbo, even the ones from Porsche tuners may be bought from them. The Porsche powerkit is not cheap, I agree. But looking at the parts involved, it is a package you get, not just a simple tuning. When driving through a narrow Autobahn curve at 282 kph on the speedo, you'll understand what it means to "trust" factory setups.

No one here mentioned anything about just a simple tuning. I was talking about a package, one that duplicates the perfomance Kit package, actually "bests it" at a fraction of the cost. Intakes, intercoolers, blow-offs, brakes, full exhaust, computer DME tuning etc.

1. New engine -Porsche Pays (Why, because many MANY dealers in the U.S. mod these cars for their patrons. They are the ones that suggest it. If a problem arises they got your back. They have used Evolution/GIAC for the past two and a half years without an incident to date).
2. No answer for this question, you would be sh^t out of luck! But that is why you have to find an established, reputable company focused on Porsche with a tested product - hence GIAC, Techart, Hamann for instance. Many guys that I know who have mods, whatever they may be, track their Cayenne Ss and Turbos without any issues either.
3. Resale should be unaffected. Return the Car to stock (keep all the original parts). Alex for one just sold his back to the dealer without a problem. I am going to drive mine until it falls apart. This will be a pretty long time because it will get rest through each summer when I rotate it with a Carrera 4.
4. is really related to #2.

Like I said before agree to disagree here, but Love your car and the other people in the Porsche community