spudgun:

Just pointing out that your extreme approach regarding alcohol can be easily transferred to speeding with family onboard. Your kids can't control the risks involved, you can't control other road users. Saying that you do is bs. Hospitals around the world are filled with victims where none of them was in control of their situation.

People who drink will always justify their way. People who speed will always justify their way.

Me driving 260 kph in a family SUV is less dangerous than 99% of the people out there driving in their cars at 150 kph. 

I know how this sounds but like I said before, I'm a professional driver and can do things other people can't and this has unfortunately (or not? Smiley), nothing to do with superhuman capabilities but training, training, training, experience, 100% focusing and yes, a very good and sharp vision (any ophthalmologist can tell you what a very good vision sharpness means), no matter how often I get mocked for that (never have been mocked by a medical professional thoughSmiley).

You're right about no point in these discussions though. Just food for thought. kiss

I am 50 now. I am driving since age 18. I only had one self-inflicted accident at age 18 (or was it 19?) when I hit a car in the rear because I was looking at a beautiful blonde walking by Smiley.

I had a very serious accident at age 19 when someone else hit my car and guess what, he was drunk, entered the intersection while I had a green light, hit my car in the front fender and I flipped over a couple of times, then sliding on the roof and almost hit a bus. Only three broken ribs (from the seatbelt). No, this is not the reason why I don't drink but you can certainly understand why I don't like people who drink. I will post a photo of this accident (it happened in an Opel Kadett GSE) but I have to take a photo of the Polaroid first. Nobody believed I got out of this mess alive and with three broken ribs only.

Since that time, I drive my cars like a maniac, in a positive sense and paying attention to other drivers and traffic is actually a real paranoia, I am trying to drive pre-emptive. Smiley I did excessive driving training until I was 30, had my professional Rally time on a Lancia Delta HF Integrale with AM Motorsports (Ronald Holzer was my mentor, his son Marco should be well known in the Porsche community), afterwards I worked in my spare time as a freelance driving instructor (mostly for bigger companies to help train chauffeurs), helped with some development in the car industry (mostly setups for pre-production runs) and enjoyed driving whenever I could. With the ML55 AMG, my first family car and my first SUV, I fell in love with high performance SUVs and I kind of perfected my driving style with them. I can actually drive almost any SUV so fast at the limit that most normal drivers would have serious issues to keep up. Kind of a personal fun. Smiley This is actually my speciality.

I know you don't know me but trust me, I'm not blowing hot air here. However, I have to admit that I should be more often on the track to keep up with modern chassis and ESP system setups. It is difficult to do that on public roads and the times I use some closed airfields for that aren't happening too often. Smiley We meet often though for some drives, a few friends and it is fun. Unfortunately I have one of the "slowest" (power/Vmax) cars in the group...maybe I should have kept my Turbo S, especially for when we are on the Autobahn on our way to other "fun" places. Smiley

Now I stop before I start writing my biography... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)