RC:
John H:

RC said...

Here is what a UK scientist says about this:

Alcohol abuse is more harmful than crack or heroin abuse, according to a new study by a former British government drug advisor.

Neuropharmacologist David Nutt, MD, of Imperial College London, rated 20 different drugs on a scale that takes into account the various harms caused by a drug. Drugs are rated on nine harms a drug causes an individual and seven harms a drug causes society.

I'm going to need a bit more persuading given my age, my profession and my experience!

'Nutt' is a good name for someone voicing that opinion - and led to him being sacked as a result of his findings!!  wink

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/oct/30/drugs-adviser-david-nutt-sacked

He was sacked because it is the truth and the majority of the population, incl. doctors, scientists and politicians drink...trara...alcohol. Smiley Nowadays, in the year 2016, more and more experts are actually saying the same and I bet with you that once they "finish" with cigarettes, they will start with alcohol. It is just a matter of time. 

If that's the case, then I'd better start looking for another way to stay in business!!  All of my licensed premises, venues and restaurants will become worthless, including this one, www.telfordswarehouse.com - not many of my customers will want music & entertainment without the facility to have a drink or two... I'm on the way to being ruined..Smiley  All of my family and staff will starve! - and it's all your fault..Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."