nberry:

I just read a review of the 2016 Huracan Spyder. This these two paragraphs describe how I feel about high performance sport cars.

"This thing was not meant to spend its life cruising South Beach, soggy or otherwise. Tolerant though it may be of low-speed crawling, it wants you to rev its free-breathing V10 to the sky and experience the perception-warping thrill of Vmax.

Maybe that's the curse of owning a daily-drivable supercar, or super-sports car, or whatever something low and wide with 600-plus hp and all-wheel drive is considered these days: Unless you're behind the wheel purely to bask in the adoration of exotic car-hungry plebs, you're reduced to living for the occasional track day, or a few miles on your favorite quiet backroad, or a blessed break in the traffic on an unpatrolled stretch of I-95."

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/car-reviews/2016-lamborghini-huracan-spyder-first-drive-review#ixzz42Y18UyLK

Maybe replacing a 475hp car with a 600hp car is the wrong idea.  Recently did a 1 hour "cruise" with some Lotus guys.  We decided to go slow.  Yet I redlined the car in 1st and 2nd gear over and over.  3rd gear a few times too (that gear tops at 80mph or so).  You cannot do that with a 600hp Lambo.  As for cornering, all these cars are too capable to push on the street.  You'd need to buy a classic to have interesting handling day to day.  Bringing this thread back to full circle, this is part of the point of the 911R over a GT3.  More exploitable in the street.  

As I mentioned before, you need something less objectively capable.  

Finally, no sports car in history has ever been fun in traffic, so that's not a solvable problem IMO.