RC:

Comparing sweets to alccohol? Seriously?

Diabetes happens because of people not being aware of the risks and because of genetics. Also the access to fast food (and especially good tasting one, incl. sweets) is very easy. No need to cook anymore for most people.

Comparing alcoholism to diabetes is ridiculous. Many people have a genetic disposition for certain types of diabetes. Also, diabetes doesn"t kill OTHERS and it doesn"t inflict tragedies on OTHERS.

A good glass of wine for dinner? Of course, if people want to. Two glasses? Already a problem. A whole bottle? A serious problem. There are no excuses, unless someone is an alcoholic. Drinking more than one glass of wine or one bottle of beer per day on a regular basis makes you an alcoholic. Many people aren't really aware of it and when they realize it, it is often too late because they find themselves in a tragedy of some sort (accident, violence, being mugged, etc.).

The bad thing about getting drunk is: You cannot control your actions afterwards, meaning you are very likely to do stupid things, even if you are an intelligent and reasonable person. Alcohol changes and you cannot control yourself when you are drunk. You think you can? Then you have a serious problem on your hand.

Btw: I am 50. No health issues. No high blood pressure, no diabetes (not even close), no cancer, no anything else. Genetics (parents were similar), normal life, no smoking and no alcohol, no excessive lifestyle of any kind and no specific healthy lifestyle (I do not care what I eat as long as it tastes good but I'm not really into fatty foods, even if I am not exactly looking like a beanstalk.

Alcohol is dangerous, more dangerous than pot or cocaine actually because it is very difficult to get rid of an alcohol addiction. Actually, basically impossible, even if many alcoholics are sober for years. Alcohol is a socially accepted drug, this is why it hasn|t been forbidden yet. Same with smoking in the past but one thing at a time. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

We might have to open an off-topic section to list your extensive qualities! Today I read: professional motorsport-grade driving class, huge threshold against warm temperatures, above average insight in politics, not even close to diabetes, ... the list goes on! Smiley

Getting you this for Christmas! Smiley

fig1.gif

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring