pmarkow:
RC:
Joost:
Rationally you're right, but havent you ever done something very stupid when you were 24 and drunk? Heck I had a friend of mine going skinny dipping after his bachelor oarty, dove right in and turned out the pool was only 30cm deep... Luckily he only had somewhat of a concussion, but it could have been a ceremony in a wheelchair.
Was it stupod? Yes. Did he and the passengers deserve this? Probably not... Such a stupid way to die. I wish their relatives all the strength in the world to cope with such a terriboe loss.

I did some stupid driving at age 24, true (very stupid, even if I had the skills due to my professional racing stuff) but never drank alcohol (unlike many of my friends). My father never drank alcohol, my mother only a glass of wine on weekends to get a good sleep, so I guess this runs in the family. Many of my friends drank (a lot) and I have seen many bad things happening, incl. one death and even more divorces and family tragedies because of alcohol.

We are fighting terrorism and drugs and whatnot but alcohol still seems to be socially "accepted" almost worldwide. There is nothing good about drinking alcohol, no matter how much people want to believe it (or some ads/media reports try to make us believe). Alcohol is a drug, a very dangerous one. Most people don't even realize that they are alcoholics, more than one glass of wine or one bottle of beer on a daily basis already makes you an alcoholic, believe it or not.

Sorry for my ranting but I just cannot understand how a sportsman like that Cody Nixon could get drunk. Alcohol and sports do not mix well but apparently some people think that if they are healthy and sporty, they can abuse their body. I watch this every time we go skiing, young and beautiful people drinking lots of alcohol after skiing or even during skiing. So dumb!

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

diabetes has become a major killer in many parts of the world (albeit it only kills the perpetrator not others, contrary to alcohol) ....

Diabetes is rife here in the UK due more to obesity and is a silent killer. Sadly its mostly self inflicted by the individual. The protrusive mid section is everywhere you look now and is costing the NHS millions. It takes 30 seconds to do a glucose reading but its not done and the disease is overlooked. I just do not understand why people do not look after themselves Smiley.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.