Gnil:

Cups 2 have been specially developed for sand 

how do you like the car compared to your last GT3 ?

The cups also aren't too bad in the rain, at least as good as the SS, but we haven't had deep standing water to try yet....

The GT4 is quite amusing, and for NZ a plus in being much lower profile.  Sun fit all his stuff for 18 day road trip with 4 track days, but it sure wouldnt work if he had invited two humans.  But that's true for 991 as well....  The front end is good looking and it behaves as expected.

The buckets are perfect, much better than the GT2 seats in the 2015 GT3.

For open B roads and lesser numbered routes the gears are ok.  I see the little torque bump at 4500, but the car "comes on the cam"  almost like a 2.4 litre 1973 S at 5800.  This makes a narrow power band to 7500, and for my use the gear set is way too high.  Like my S  I need a set that redlines at 140 mph in top gear.  On these bumpy narrow roads one rarely runs harder than 180 kmh with taps to 200 [120 mph].  I understand its different in FRG.  It's been OK on open roads with 60+ kmh corners but take it to the 6 between Haast and Greymouth where the GT3 excelled in 100 1st gear and 300 2nd gear uphill corners --- this car would be disaster.  The 6 for those who know Malibu is like Las Flores Canyon Rd 150 miles long.  We've just been hitting 7000 today so maybe at redline and with heavy first gear use it will all work out.... maybe

So the GT3 is geared way better and had more power but I think part of the reason they geared the GT4 too tall was to slow it in comparison with 991s.  But the GT4 is an accomplishment with the wrong gear set.  I hope they deliver a lower rear endSmiley

Translated from Sun's original Maori.  He will more to say at the track and at redline