SciFrog:

That's what I read: they will make the R a regular production car and that's a great thing, actually lot of great announcements from Porsche.

As far as Nick post, I just couldn't help thinking that so many things I hate with Ferrari, Porsche is now doing exactly the same. I can understand your enthusiasm now that you are in the Porsche inner circle and you probably are a better ambassador than most other 918 owners. You are not getting the TdF because Ferrari didn't let you buy the LaF yet you try to get two R?

Surely Porsche will renew the exercise with the next 918 segment. How many will they build seeing the now success of the 918? In principle I like the program where 918 owners get first dib on special models. But TWO? I don't care about the R but if the was the car I wanted and if 918 owners get multiple of a limited production I would be absolutely livid and would boycott Porsche for letting it happen. So glad I don't have to play these silly games to get the cars I want and so glad that I don't try to pursue the supercar segment.

It's no guarantee that I will have the second car, also not very likely. But it doesn't hurt to ask, the worse answer I can get is a no, which is the same as not asking.

Porsche priced the R relatively cheap for a special limited model, still a good chunk of change but the TdF is much much higher. 

I have multiple friends who is trying to secure an R though me, or asking for first dib when I sell, the second car is basically an insurance policy, I won't regret if I do indeed end up selling and then missed the car after. 

--