RC:

Finally had the chance to listen to the 718 Boxster S engine/exhaust sound. Oh boy, if you think the 991.2 Carrera S with PSE sounds bad (I do not think that but anyway...), the 718 Boxster S will move you to a completely different disappointment level. I truly hope Porsche knows what they are doing here because people won't be happy with it. Not sure if there will be some sort of sport exhaust along the way but that typical Boxster flat six sound is...gone. Completely. yes I like the new look though, the Boxster has matured, almost to perfection. This can be a good or bad thing but the car looks better than the previous model in my opinion. I like the 991.1 look better than the 991.2 though.

you KNOW even Porsche  thinks it is bad when in their new video , with the car on winding roads, the narration and music volume is turned up purposefully whenever it accelerates and is dialed down for brief fractions of a second only when the ECU - programmed in " burble " on the overrun is mic'd . And the " burbling " seems more prevalent then on any of their recent 991 and 981 models ...seems that is what they are gonna do for now ...make their turbo engines " fart " on throttle back off a lot more as their new exhaust sound paradigm since the traditional Porsche ( and refined europen sports car ) motor music on ACCELERATION is now muffled away to meet noise and emissions regs 

--

2016  991 Carrera GTS  " PCA 60 "  Club Coupe       orig owner ; 1 of 60