BjoernB:
Carlos from Spain:
BjoernB:

ever watched Audi in LeMans ?

...cause multi-million dollar race cars constrained by very specific fuel, etc regulations has to do with what here? and I suppose moving from N/A V8's to V6 Turbo in F1 was progress too? Smiley

why not ? also in F1 is less fuel consumption with more torque and similar HP Progress. we're not talking noise here.... - it's like you would Claim Porsche is going backwards for changing 718&991 to Turbo - and you're mad because you have not been asked....Smiley

Yea cause we all love for tbe pinnacle of motororacing to be fuel efficient most of all, who cares if they sound like 4-liter  diesel hatchbacks Smiley I think they should also be made of reciclable materials and run on solar enegrgy too Smiley

I didn't say Porsche is going backwards for turbocharging the 991, turbocharging is a big part of the 911 and there should always be turbocharged models, but turbocharged for extreme power and performance like the 911 Turbo or GT2. What is backwards is to eliminate all the n/a versions (GT3 will be next) for fuel efficient turbocharged version, and its a decicion we all know Porsche did not take for themeselves because its progress, its because they were forced to by strickter and strickter EU legistation on fuel efficiency and CO2. Porsche made a heck fo a job with what the were forced to do, but its not better than if they could have still gone n/a in those models in which the n/a engine is a better choice.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS