Hybrid is not progress. It is the marriage of reason between one too old technology and one too young. The problem is space and weight due to the dual systems. It will not become mainstream especially if fuel price stay as low as they are in the US. Full electric is the future, not sure why many here don't see it. TODAY you can buy a car with 300 miles range that can be charged in 40 minutes and has some of the best performance (if not THE best) in their segment. A car that 10 years ago people said could not be built. Where do you think we will be in another 10 or 20 year? My guess is we will be where combustion engine will be as relevant as carburetors are today...

Real world example: my colleague bought a uber specced out Cayenne Hybrid because he thought it was cool (over $130k). Then he drives it and realizes then engine comes on all the time when he thought it wouldn't. And then his first delivery reaction? "Why did they put the spare wheel in the rear cargo space  It takes away my trunk space" Smiley Then he drives the car and doesn't find in better than the regular Cayenne. And he might save some fuel but again he paid $130k for a Cayenne S so does it really matter? With retrospect he said it was a big mistake and he now drives a GL 63 AMG...