RC:
Rossi:
pmarkow:
Rossi:
pmarkow:
d997h:

I thought of that too, but I assume it is still more of  an issue of F vs. P...

F vs P....the honest answer is: had the issue with my wife not popped up then it would have been the GT3 RS all the way. i could have lived with that given that my deposit and pre-contract for the 488 GTO (or speciale or whatever name) is in, with guaranteed second slot in my dealership.

peter

In the other thread you wrote that the 488 leaves you cold. Why do you think it will be different in case of the Speciale-successor? Smiley

yes i think it will be very different with the speciale successor. what i hear from maranello is very promising. think F40 and 288 GTO :::)))

Basically it will be a beefed-up 488. Having the latest creations from Maranello in mind, I'm sure it will feature an aggressive styling, but I doubt it wil be much - if any - better in the sounds department. I have no issue with that, since I'm fine with the sound of the 488 (not only for a turbocharged car, but for a Ferrari), but if you expect dramatic changes I think you will be disappointed.

A friend is very close to Maranello and his Ferrari dealer because he is a good customer. He basically claims the same as you, one reason he chose the 488 Spider and not the expected A model based on the next Speciale model. More power and more "styling" yes. More or better sound? Not very likely.

I told Peter to get the 458 Speciale while he still can but he didn't want to listen. Smiley Smiley

Smiley 22    Smiley 9

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)