KresoF1:
RC:
KresoF1:

Saw some real info (read scan of official sales material) about R yesterday.

Yes, some claims that you wrote seems reasonable.  But, R is IMHO far cry from sportscar a la 991 GT3 or RS. It is more something like mixed bag of different parts wisely put together. I simply hate some things about R and the way Porsche marketing is explaining its merrits. 

More when the car is officially out. It will for sure rise some eyebrows...

What did you expect? Of course they are using parts from the existing parts bin, this is the only way this car is actually profitable but still, a very nice and interesting offer from Porsche and I would get one instantly if I could afford it right now (which I cannot, unfortunately). The only think which will rise some eyebrows will be very likely the price tag Smiley but nobody really expects the R to be a pure track car. It isn't.

Let's put it this way:

Manual die hard 911 fanatic? Smiley

NA engine and manual as true manhood? Smiley

Rare, partially unique 991 (911) and potential speculators dream? Smiley

Pure "feel" or better "feel" then what 991.1 GT3/GT3 RS is providing? Smiley Smiley

Faster on the road or track then 991.1 GT3/GT3 RS? Smiley Smiley Smiley

More than half of the cars go to the US and according to what I heard, over 90% of the targeted US customers are demanding a manual transmission on such a car. Smiley

This car will not be marketed as a GT or track car but a very special light weight limited edition model for the 911 aficionado. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)