Carlos from Spain:
sfo:

if anyone can make money on car, I am pleased for them .. no different to making money any other way.

It may be legal but not ethical, there is only no difference if you don't care about the second at all, to each his own.

One thing for example is to buy a classic car for example that may appreciate in value over time and should you decide to sell it, make a profit from that appreciation. But quite another thing is to place yourself on a waiting list of a limited supply car with high demand pretending to want to own and enjoy the car and deceiving the maker and dealer, when in reality you have no intention of keeping or using the car, and all you want is to take the slot to resale the car for more money to the people that got pushed out of the list by people like you artificially raising the price for nothing.

So no, it's not the same as making money any other way. Parasites like these should not expect much empathy in a sportcar forum like this full of real sportcar enthusiasts. You may be pleased for them for doing that, but me,instead I feel bad for the actual sportcar enmthusiast who really wanted the car and got screwed over, not only having to pay extra for the car to the person who scalped his position on the list but also not being able to spec the car to his liking.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

you should think a bit more before you call someone a parasite.