sfo:
crayphile:
sfo:
what has ethics got to do with it?

@sfo : With respect  Smiley , I think you might be missing the main point which is that on a car enthusiast forum such as this when a flip happens it leaves a bad taste in the mouth and more than a tinge of regret that the car did not end up in the right hands in the first place. In the real world , of course, supply and demand rules -  but that does not make it right.

I agree it leaves a bad taste ..

But I still fail to see what ethics has to do with it.

Supply and demand dictates prices, which is totally fair, the act of scalping is not.

Say you bought a RS and you take delivery and is enjoying the car but shortly aftyer you suffer from a lowback lession that doesn't allow you to drive low stiff cars or you move out of country and cant take it with you, and you decide to sell it. What ever price you get is totally fair, supply and demand, and if you get over MSRP great for you. Nothing worng with that at all.

But getting on a difficult list for a car under the deception that you want the car, as the list is only for those that want to keep the car, with the intention to flip it after delivery to someone who legitinaltely wanted the car but did not get a slot (because of flippers). That is wrong in my book and ethics has a lot to do with it. And has nothing to do with supply and demand, the price at what you resell it for is not the point it's how you obtained the car.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS