Hi Guys - Many thanks for your varied opinions and I take them all on board...wink

I'm inclined to go with the positive ones at this stage.  The main reason is that this 911 is now 'a keeper' as I will have no interest in future Porsche offerings of 'turbo only'..!!  I've only covered 26K miles in the five years and, if anything, the GTS just gets better with time..broken heart 

I want to bring just a little more excitement to my driving experience - this means putting right the only weak area, compared with previous models, which is the exhaust note. 

Christian, I've had the Gert Carnewal remote device, which you refer to, fitted since you recommended it when you had your own 997 GTS.  The only difference this makes is that the PSE is always on (no need to press the button).  This is great on 'start-up' but diminishes pretty quickly thereafter.  I've heard the sound of the SharkWerks, on the GTS of the guy who will be fitting mine tomorrow - it really is a very different and permanent experience..devil

I did run the letter I received past a prominent Lawyer who considered it to be a clear reflection of Porsche's position on the matter in GB.  I'm sure that their attitude varies from country to country as evidenced by several users on R/T - I remember 'PureBlue', who hasn't posted here for quite a while, when his OPC in South Africa actually fitted the mod themselves..yes

Anyway, I'm having it done tomorrow afternoon and will report back later on... many thanks again for your interest in this..cool 

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."