Hey Revo,

Don't forget that the Turbo has all wheel drive. That makes it a perfect winter car. However, the layout is 40% front and 60% rear which is rather sporty and will not give you the same traction as a true 4x4.

The GT3 is a hardcore Porsche. In its newest form it does have aircon etc. still, the chassis, suspension and engine setup are truly track oriented. Would love to see somebody revving it to 8400 rpm in the snow. He would be going straight, but with the rear in front

The Gt3 is really designed toward weekend use. Its not a daily driver. Sure you can drive even an Ariel Atom everyday in all conditions but you certainly would not enjoy it after a while.

Where I live, the roads are really not that good. So I use my Cayenne twice as much as I use my 997. Surely I enjoy my 997 much more but I simply can't be bothered sometimes.

Of the two I would certainly go for the 997 Turbo (which I did )

Its an accomplished daily driver with (I hope) supercar performance.

The other reason why I would never get a GT3 as much as I respct and like it, is the rear wing...it's really fugly.

Looks good on an Impreza WRX 16 STI V VHS DVD PalSecam but not on a 997. Its overdone.