Gauss:
Gnil:
Gauss:
 However it shares a lot of parts (doors, mirrors, main chassis, interior, etc.)  with the S2 Elise/Exige, which is a 15 year old design.

--

Lotus 3-Eleven on order

Yes, that is what I mean when I say a 20 year old car ( the first Elise came out in 1996 ) and it is still the same chassis, the same doors, the same mirrors , the same interior . But maybe why change something that works well ?

They simply lack the funds to develop something from scratch while still ensuring to survive if they fail with it. They have had a very tough time in the past years but things are looking well better now with their new CEO Jean-Marc Gales. I am confident.

Lotus is also planning on releasing a SUV in the near future. Hopefully that will earn them a lot of money.

more photos of the Sport 350 : http://www.netcarshow.com/lotus/2016-exige_sport_350/
--

Lotus 3-Eleven on order

But who is waiting for a Lotus SUV? I can understand (I still don't approve) people buy a Porsche or Bentley SUV, because the brand exudes luxury as well as sportiness. Lotus exudes sportiness and lightweight, not luxury, you don't drive a Lotus as a luxury statement, you drive it because you simply love driving... Who then would be the target audience for a Lotus SUV?

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring