I received a 991 GTS cab as a loan car for 24 hours from my OPC yesterday morning and returned it today. I did around 180 miles of mixed driving in it and was extremely impressed with it. It felt quite a lot different to the early 991 C2S I owned for a year back in 2012 and it is evident Porsche have made a lot of subtle improvements to the car over the intervening years. I've never driven a cab before but the hard top panels in the 991's roof really give the best of both worlds. The car is noiser than the coupe without a shadow of a doubt but not by as much as I was expecting.

This car had PDK and was far more pleasant to drive than the 7 speed manual box I had in my car which I never really cared for as the gate on it is not intuitive. The PDK just seems much better suited to the nature of the GTS and with the paddle shift sports steering wheel it affords perfect control. Dropping into 3rd gear and zinging the rev counter around to towards the red line is strangely addictive with the sports exhaust switched open. This particular car is Agate Grey with the GTS interior package with red stitching and lots of alcantara plus carbon trim. It had the LED lights withe the illuminated outer ring and that would be a must have for me on any future 911 as they appear to be quite effective at clearing traffic ahead smiley  My only criticism was a squeaking dashboard which I suspect was due to body flex combined with low ambient temperatures.

I have a new found respect for this model and can see why RC rates it highly. I was reluctant to hand it back and am just glad that the salesman I deal with there is currently off on holiday snorkelling in the Maldives or I may have come back home in it indecision

Apologies for the lousy photo but it was taken in very poor fading light. I didn't think I'd like satin black centre lock wheels but they gave this particular car a very stealthy and intimidating look.

1449166750012IMG_2089.jpg