RC:
wantone:
dedam:

Their are going for Brazilian customers,,,,that is what the developer said in a interview.

At the Porsche dealership they told me they have lots of Brazilian customers buying Porsches......to be honest I was very surpriced.

If I am a visitor for the winter in Florida, renting a flat, can I buy a car in my name on Florida plates and use it while in Florida?

As far as I know, you can but your stay is limited to 6 months, then you have to exit (and depending on the immigration officer you meet at the border during re-entry, you could be in trouble if you exit for a day only and come back). The automatic entering system works great now, with the exception that it has difficulties with double names and such. My wife gets "flagged" every single time when we enter the US, so we need to go to the immigration officer and re-do the whole thing. Why? She has a double first name with a dash between the two names and the system cannot read the dash, so it "flags" my wife and we have to go through the person to person check. Smiley Great technology. LOL

Also, the immigration system has me flagged as a Langley resident, apparently because I once put Langley (as a joke) as my home location in my Facebook profile. Each time, the immigration officer asks me why I never enter the US through Virginia or any international airport near by or when I have been to Langley lately and I tell him it is a mistake and he can change it in the system but then he tells me that this is not possible Smiley and I'm good to go. Smiley So be careful what you're using in your online profiles on major social networks, it can "brand" you forever.

The B2 visa is a tricky thing. You have the right to stay 180 days (6 months) in the US and you have the right for multiple entries but, if the immigration officer at the border doesn't like your nose, you're in trouble. If you stay every year the full six months or close to it, at some point, the immigration officer may suspect that your primary "living location" is the US. This is bad for you because this is considered as some sort of illegal immigration, no kidding. So if you get in a fight with the immigration officer because he asks to many questions (some tourists know what I am talking about Smiley), he simply denies entry and you're done. You can fight this in court of course and your chances are good because you actually have a B2 visa (with ESTA, your chances to fight your entry into the US are ZERO!) but first, you need to leave the US and get a US lawyer from outside the US. So you better be nice to that grumpy immigration officer because he can basically do what he wants.

Another problem with the B2 visa: If you decide you want to immigrate to the US, already having a B2 visa can be a huge obstacle. I don't want to get into details but it complicates things a lot. So if you plan to stay in the US at some point, Green Card or making an investment there, be careful with the visa type you're using to enter the US. You may actually make it impossible to immigrate if you have the wrong visa. Some immigration lawyers may be able to help you with this one but don't be too sure. Better: Talk to an immigration lawyer before you decide to get a B2 visa or any other visa. Work visas are even worse, they basically kick you out of the country after the visa expires and you're not allowed to come back for some while, just using ESTA as a tourist. Of course everything I posted is "simplified", if you want detailed and accurate information, you need to ask an immigration lawyer to be on the safe side. 

I enter the US always with ESTA, so I have all options open for whatever I decide in the future.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Whatever you write here doesn't apply to Canadian citizens. I know well the US immigration system, my question was wrt registering a car in the US as a snowbird but it seems it is not possible unless you get a visa like P1 for example.