SciFrog:

The lack of privacy is an issue in a building. Especially the pool. Some penthouses have a private pool but the price is just astronomic. In 20 years if we are still planning to live in Miami we will most likely be in a building too simply because it costs less to maintain. Maintaining a home is actually very easy but it costs $$. Our land is quite small (0.75 acres) for the size of the house (6,000 sf) but it is manicured and has many cool and varied areas with art around and is just a pleasure to walk it. It is also very private and very quiet.

I do not really care about the privacy of the pool because those living in a five star condo environment aren't exactly some bums from the streets. Smiley Also, sometimes some of the neighbors have beautiful wives or girl friends, just now we admired a beautiful young Russian blonde (maybe 18 or 19 years old, no kidding) and her boyfriend (first, we thought he is her father...until he grabbed her behind and kissed her on it Smiley), who was maybe 75 or so. Smiley I get the appeal of having a young girlfriend but... Anyway: Sometimes you get to see beautiful (and not so beautiful Smiley) things when you're not alone at the pool, so it is interesting (to say at least). Smiley

Private and quiet is not really what I'm looking for in the US, I would be way too worried about safety. Even here in Germany, my house is like a fortress and I hate it (the need for that). Yes, not much happens here but we had enough burglaries in the region and I hate the idea of someone breaking into my house, even if I'm not there.
I wish I could just secure the front door and be done with it. Much easier (and cheaper).

Btw: This is a photo of the house in Key Largo, unfortunately it doesn't really show the beauty of it, I will post my own photo this weekend or so. Apparently it is for sale  (link:  http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/557-Ocean-Cay_Key-Largo_FL_33037_M67914-91590#modal_PhotoGallery ). Look at the photo gallery at that link...beautiful house.

le1dbf244-m0xd-w640_h480_q80.jpg

Oops...back to topic...we just invaded Bluelines' C4S thread. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)