Rossi:

Okay, I've seen the car. There was no camouflage on it. The only thing that was covered was the centre console, so you could not tell, if there is a manual or PDK underneath. However, the steering wheel didn't feature flappy pedals, so that leaves only two possibilities:

1. the car will have PDK, but the to fool those who see it before presentation they've installed a steering wheel without pedals
  2. the car will be manual

Since the car looked finished, I believe the latter, so that there will be at least the option to order it as manual.

What else could I see: new air vent at the bottom of the engine lid (we talked about this here before), filled with a mesh, air vent below the front hood, similar to that of a GT3, also filled with a mesh, rear bumper exactly the same as that of a GT3, retractable rear spoiler like that of the standard Carrera (with the "old" horizontal grill, not the new one of the 991.2), front bumper of the GT3 with the old indicators and DRL, rear lights like the 991.1, CF-sport seats in leather/fabric with old-style Pepita-patterned cloth in black and white in the centre.
The car featured PCCB and GT3-style rims, wheel caps were covered as well as the designation in the head rests, which should read 911 R, new-style steering wheel  in alcantara but without the Porsche "manettino", sport design rear mirrors, dials with white indexes, rev counter with "911" in white and "R" in red, alcantara interior with aluminium accents, GT3 RS front hood with regressed middle part. Car did not have rear seats.

Now, I have ten pictures of the car, but I won't post them here.

One word to the driver as a well-meant advice: politeness helps a lot, in both cases, if you want to achieve or prevent something. Not that he has been rude, far from that, but you can never tell, who is the one standing in front of you. And if I park a brand new Porsche with "LB-Y 3028" plates in front of a shop and leave it unattended for more than 15 minutes (I was on my way to and back to someone and the car had not been moved) and leave the driver window completely opened all the time, you should be aware in times of smart phones etc. that someone interested will take pictures of it.

So it has been me, who took the pictures and telling someone "that you don't want pictures of the car to be taken and don't want to see them appear in social media" won't help in most cases, yet I won't post them here. Just a little bit more friendliness would be nice.

If he wants to contact me, I guess Porsche has my number and address. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Thanks for the 1st hand description .

I looks interesting...... maybe not '' different'' enough ..

BUT ...... this social media needs to be fed and is hungry for pics Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 /  997.2 C2 ,  -20mm /  991 GT3 RS