Grant:
kissMineisanRS964:

Hello everyone,

I've been a member of RT  for a few years and have enjoyed the family atmosphere, the knowledge exchanged as well as the insights from RC, but I haven't been very active, as I didn't feel I was able to bring something very relevant to the forum.

I've been enjoying track days for the past ten years with my 964RS, mostly in Spa and on the 'Ring, but also on quite a few tracks in France. I'm a trackdays addict for sure, and I will remain that way, as my budget won't probably bring me to racing ever, and as street fast driving creates fellings of guiltiness that altere the pleasure frown

My RS has always brought me huge fun and joy, characterized by clarity and honesty, with even some serious performance, being often able to stay in front of much younger cars, such as 996 and 7 GT3's (forget the 991gt3s, they're riotguns).

Lately, I started thinking upon the future of my car, first of all because it's ageing (23 year old) and as I encountered a few concerns, even if maintenance has been alway a priority for me (as everyone's security is involved) but also although because of the increasing value of these cars.

As I want to stick with Porsche (I'm an active member of a Porsche club), my choices for an upgrade were either GT3(RS), from 997 to 991 and, why not, the GT4.

I didn't realize quick enough that the 991GT3RS would be sold out so fast and, frankly, this car is maybe a bit too much for me to put on a track (and therefore possibly in an armco indecision). 997GT3RS has become too expensive for what it is (as a track toy). I was left with 997 GT3Mk1 (hubs on the Mk2 are too dangerous and too big of an issue with Porsche warranty) and the GT4. They're actually at the same price right now, one being a 7-8 year old 911 with stabilized or even increasing value and a fresh out of the factory "Cayman by Andy Preuninger"...

My dealer told me that GT4 were sold out but accepted to put me on a waiting list, assuring me there was little chance not to say none that they'd ever call me back.

That was until last week: I called back my dealer, letting him know I was still looking for a solution to my "problem". He told me actually he may have one for me. 

I know got a confirmation: built next May for a late May delivery angelangelangelsmileywink

I guess new slots have been created on the line, as it seems there is some movement in the allocations right now, I don't know but I'm more than happy to have the chance to get one kiss

I just hope that the pleasure it will give me on track will outclass the clarity I have with the RS

Excellent - great news! Smiley

Thanks Grant Smiley 

I just hope that I will find a way to overcome the weaknesses of the car you mentioned when you were in Spa...