SciFrog:

Of course it is allowed but morally it is totally wrong. In some places in the US to get the deduction I think you need to have side marking of the company on the car. That makes a lot of sense...

Why? I am using my C4 GTS as a daily driver to and from work, I drive to patients to make deliveries in the car and so on, it is used at least half the time for my business, believe it or not. Everything 50% or more business usage qualifies, so no issues here. My wife's Macan Turbo is used up to 90% for business use. She uses a driver's log, so almost everything is fully deductible, I am "paying" 1% of the car's new value as a monthly gain, so I don't have to use a driver's log (for now, this can always change).

Considering the taxes (income, business taxes and VAT) the government "earns" with my business (much more than my C4 GTS costs...per year), I think there is nothing morally wrong with driving a C4 GTS as a business car. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)