Quote:
Super Darius said:
my dealer told me that the OB make the car take RPM faster,but no much Hp,in fact the graph posted from CF explain that the car have more power under OB effect,but not much than maximum power..

so..i think that a Sport Chrono Turbo 997 TT sure from 0-100Km/h and on all other performance time(0-400mt,o-200km/h,etc) will be faster than stock,but the car will not have much HP than stock..

Dario, I explained the HP/overboost relation in an older post a few months ago. You don't get OVER 480 HP but at certain rev figures (like the one in which the overboost is happening), you get more power.
To make you understand: let's say that the engine outputs 400 HP at 4000 rpm. With the overboost, you have 440 HP instead of 400 HP. Again, this is just a hypothetical example, not an accurate one. Check CF's graph and you'll see the HP increase while the overboost is active.

So although you don't get more MAXIMUM power, you get more power in the lower/mid rev range where the overboost is active. And of course this means that performance is improved.

Also don't forget that the overboost isn't a one-time thing or something which needs to pause a few minutes until it can be activated again. The overboost is always there for 10 seconds, no matter how often it is activated.

Now try to do the math: if you get several overboost activations during a 0-200 kph (125 mph) acceleration run, don't you think performance is improved? I heard that a 997 Turbo WITH overboost active runs from 0-200 kph (125 mph) in 11.8 seconds instead of the factory claimed 12.2 seconds (Tiptronic). I know that 0.4 seconds don't sound much but sub-12 seconds is impressive.