My view of the 918 has changed quite a bit after this experience.

Initially I was of the camp that the car is very forgiving because of the 4wd. But now that's only valid for dry condition. Because of the way the front wheels are driven, it doesn't do what normal 4wd car does, say in a Turbo. It doesn't quite pull a car through trouble in a turn, it is still basically a rwd high power mid engine car, and it actually snaps quicker and more than one expects. The pro-tip was that if the rear wheels starts vibrating, it's time to counter steer to save it, basically means before it even over steers. If it gets going, one might think ah I catch the first slide, but the counter one going the other way is almost impossible to catch. Even the pros gives it plenty of respect when driving, the car needs to be babied, the instant torque is just too much for the Cup2s even at speed. 

Then I found out the RS is so much fun to drive even on a track, it is the perfect car! What a machine from Porsche is the unanimous decision. 

Did I mention the sound? On the front straight, when the GT3s and the GT3RS flies by, if you are not looking, you would think those were race cars going by. The Turbo S is really quiet by comparison. I thought the 918 is loud from the inside, which it is, as with helmet on it is impossible to carry a conversation and the radio is barely audible. But on the fly by, it is of a lower volume than the RS surprisingly. Different note though.

--