it was truly miserable during lunch, the rain is very heavy together with the thunder storm.

IMG_5075.JPG

It was decided that the condition is too bad for the 918s, to go out, and Porsche had a backup plan. After lunch they are giving us hot laps in the Panamera and Cayenne Turbo S. It was a hoot to ride in them as the drivers were drifting those beast around the circuit. There was no fear of the Cayenne rolling over at all, it was planted. 

Then the rain stops, but the track is still way too wet for the 918s, but good enough for the RSs and Turbo S, so we switch to those for some more lapping.

IMG_5076.JPG

I didn't even bother going to the Turbo S, I stayed in the RS the whole time. Man was that fun, the RS is way more forgiving in the wet than the 918, the rear only comes out lazily and doesn't snap around like in the 918. Less power and less torque helps too, but after experiencing the 918 on the back straight, it was quite disappointing to wait for the RS to get up to speed. My group was a pretty fast group and with some skills, so we drifts the RS around corners just to play with it.

Then it was finally dry enough for the 918, yet I still opt to stay in the RS for a while, I REALLY REALLY doesn't want to get out of that car at all.

IMG_5077.JPG

But soon the track was red flagged as fog rolled in:

IMG_5078.JPG

Bummer.

--