1st day done. It is just the arrival day but Porsche, partnered with Airbus, who sent a H130 together with their chief test pilot and a big crew, setup shop at the Le Castellet airport and did a a helicopter ride experience for us owners. It was only a short 10 mins ride in the air but the pilot did push the chopper a bit to demonstrate the ability of the chopper, steep dive and climb, combined with banked turns made for a spectacular ride in the air around the Paul Ricard circuit.

Wow, what a sight of the area from the air. 

Porsche put us in Hotel du Castellet, which is basically on site too and it is a wonderfully place to stay in. Dinner is also top notched. 

A few owners drove their cars here, 2 from Switzerland, 2 from Monaco and 1 from Austria as of last count, I believe Porsche also transported 9 918 prototypes to here for owners who didn't bring their cars. 

Most of the owners are from Europe, 3 from the US and I am the only Canadian again. Met someone from Lithuania, I believe he has the only 918 among the Baltic states. And I strike up a good conversation with a Swiss owner, who is a active participant of Porsche Switzerland's events maybe some of you swiss member might know him. We spent the most time together simply because he and his wife are smokers so we are always outside together...................

Tomorrow our day will start at 6:30am for breakfast. 

And yes I took a few photos and videos today but no didn't have time to process them and post them, so that will have to wait.

--