noone1:

Some people talk about it like it's selling 20K cars per year. The idea that McLaren can't beat the 911 Turbo in sales and demand is pretty absurd. If the 570S can move 2500 cars per year, which I think it definitely can at its price, then McLaren will in fact get pretty close to 911 Turbo sales.

The idea is actually to establish McLaren as a sports car brand, even in markets which aren't too "fond" of McLaren. In Germany, McLaren has to compete with Porsche (or Ferrari for that matter), so it isn't easy for them.

I would establish the brand and then I can play around with prices. So far, I haven't seen McLaren establish anything in Germany. Smiley The dealerships are small, almost minuscule for such a high performance brand and the lease offers were interesting lately (650S) but still not good enough to choose the car.

McLaren lacks the image in Germany and this may be related to the fact that there aren't enough cars on the road over here, that simple.

I don't have newer numbers but in 2013, only 77 cars were registered in Germany (only 22 to private owners).

For comparison: Aston Martin sold 386 cars in Germany (110 private owners).

Lamborghini: 134 cars (55 private owners).

Ferrari: 652 cars (246 private owners).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)