huangester:

McLaren's carbon monocell is already priceless! You really have to drive it to know how direct and stiff of the chasis when u drive in twisty roads.... and most importantly, is its safty!  money can buy! 

The track performance doesn't really prove this advantage.

911 is more settle, surely the market now these days are more acceptable to more exotic cars.... especially when you spend that kind of money, u want to feel special, not just next to a guy with regular 911 when u have 911tts and sounds muted and doubled the price. what I am saying is that its ok for market as 911, 911s, 4s or gts for porsche as sports car.  However, if u are spending the money as TTS, u wanted to feel special, not just another 911.

The 911 advantage is a more subtle look, many just don't seem to realize it. I would say that at least 50% of 911 sales in Germany would vanish if the 911 would look more exotic. Not so sure about other countries but especially in Europe, the 911 is highly respected as a business car, similar to BMW 7 series or Mercedes S class.

I suppose for those who are soo against McLaren should actually go drive 570S or the current 650S, then you will notice the differences.  I had 991TTS and currently 650S, and the differences are just incomparable... re-sale figures are really pointless to discuss if its a great product. if people spend these kinds of money, i am sure re-sale figures are less important when buying into this segment.  these exotics depreciate similary....  

Comparing a 991 Turbo S to a 650S with 90 hp more is pointless. Give the 991 Turbo S 90 factory horses more (not talking about tuners) and it would drive circles around the 650S. Smiley The chassis of the 991 Turbo S is amazing and if Porsche would forget about comfort and normal use, incl. winter time (ride height), the chassis of the 991 Turbo S could be tuned to a point where the competition would be shocked. The 991 Turbo S is however, a perfect daily driver. 

Btw: I am not against McLaren at all, you misunderstand me. I like the brand, I just think their prices are too high, especially for their entry level models.

and stop talking about those two back seats!!!  those are pointless!!  my kids is 5 and hated to get in the back!!  if i am taking the kids somewhere, I have other cars!!!  I am sure those has these exotics has other cars.....  back seats are jokes!!! I rather them take the seat off so I can put luggages there....  

These pointless seats moved around my small kids for years. Just last Saturday, I drove to Munich with my daughter and my wife in my 991 GTS Cab because it was sunny (not really warm though) and we wanted to enjoy some "open time". Without the rear seats, one person had to stay at home or we would have needed to take a different car, not a cabriolet. So stop talking about not having the back seats because this is one of the reasons I actually have a 911. 

Your kid at 5 hated to go in the back because he wanted to be with his dad in the front seat. Smiley My kids always fought about who is going to sit in the front but in the end, they always exchanged seats.

McLaren cannot beat a 991 Turbo S in Germany (or Europe for that matter) unless they offer four seats and a daily driver capability or a lower price. This is my personal opinion of course, I may be wrong but I would never consider buying a McLaren because it is too expensive for a weekend toy and not practical enough for a daily driver.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)