RC:

In Germany, if you would give the typical sports car customer a choice to get a 570S or a 991 Turbo S for the same money, I already know what this customer would choose. 

1. 991 Turbo S has AWD (huge plus in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, these cars are used over the whole year, incl. winter time).

2. 991 Turbo S has two backseats (many customers have kids or dogs or they just need the space for their golf bags). Why do you think the 911 is so successful in Germany?

3. 991 Turbo S will be accepted by the German tax office as a business car, depending in which business you are and how much money you make. It is very unlikely that a McLaren would be accepted, unless you are really making tons of money and pay tons of taxes.

4. 991 Turbo S can be maintained by every Porsche dealer in the vicinity, we have a Porsche dealership every 40-50 km over here. Parts are usually available within a day.

5. 991 Turbo S insurance cost is pretty low because owners usually know how to drive and repair cost is quite OK.

6. 991 Turbo S lease offers are quite good (however, McLaren offered some good deals on the 650S lately, so maybe their lease offers will improve as well).

7. 991 Turbo S looks more or less like a regular 911, the 570S looks like an exotic (which can be a huge problem in Germany, depending on where you live and what business you're in).

So this is why McLaren needs to be cheaper than Porsche if they want to sell their cars over here. Simple. 

Points one to seven are all true (though I'm not sure about the backseat argument), your conclusion the Mac has to be cheaper is not IMO.

Of course a Porsche Turbo will always attract more buyers than a 570S and this is the reason why it will be sold in higher numbers than the McLaren. But there are customers, who will say the following:

1. Turbo S is boring as hell, 570S gives me thrills whenenver I drive the car, even when parking. Smiley

2. When I spend this kind of money, I want something more than a "ordinary" 911, so the 570S is the perfect choice (though I can't afford a 488 or Huracan or don't have the balls to order such an exotic).

3. 570S gives me latest technology with CF-tub, 911 looks ancient in comparison.

4. I want a midengined car, not a 911 with engine-layout like a Beetle, but please something more exciting than an Audi R8.

Only some arguments and yes, the 570S will be sold in lower numbers, but as fas as I can judge so far, this car has great potential, even in Germany.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.