Itsme:

Yes they used the software and of course they cheated the customer at least in a moral way.

But are you sure that it is forbidden by law here in the EU? I heard some voices that the EU laws aren’t that clear. I am no lawyer, but someone told me that the laws can be interpreted in different ways.

Electronics of modern engines are controlled by so many different parameters. Someone told me that it is not explicitly forbidden that one of the parameters may not be “test” or “real world” (different in the US). So legally maybe there is no difference between “cold engine” and “warm engine”

Yes, it is forbidden, there is no doubt about it. The media floods us with crappy reports and false informations, they mix up things and sometimes they even post completely inaccurate so called "facts". Quite similar to the many reports about immigrants raping women and stealing like crazy. Smiley So far, the police hasn't noticed...anything (just the media and the internet crowd Smiley).

The KBA didn't make the recalls without any reasons, this is a very serious matter.

I give you a hint: In the past, it was possible to turn off the start/stop automatic on newer Porsche through PiWiS. Lately, this is not permitted anymore because the start/stop function is part of the emissions regulations and turning it off would be an offense and a pretty serious one which would involve the German tax office. Or to be clear: It would be considered cheating taxes. VW will have serious issues not only with the KBA and other authorities but very likely also with the German tax office at some point. Good luck for them if they have to repay the tax office for missed taxes. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)