The new JCW steering isn't as direct as I have hoped for (not similar to the direct GP steering) but for my mother, this is actually a good thing.  The chassis is also more comfortable than expected but the car feels nimble and quality seems to be better than on any Mini I have ever owned/driven.

Actually, the new characteristics of the Mini (bigger, more luxurious, more refined, more comfortable, etc.) could actually be the achilles heel of the car but so far, it seems that customers love the new Mini. 

My dealer orders almost all JCW and Cooper S with Steptronic, simply because the cars are faster, consume less fuel (really!) and this is usually a second or third car for the whole family, so people don't prefer manual. Interesting, I didn't know that.

I wasn't really sure if I should get the JCW, there is also a very nice chili red Cooper S with JCW package at my dealer for less money but when I saw the front brake discs and calipers of the JCW, my decision was clear. Just love it how it looks and the larger brake certainly will also provide a stopping advantage (hopefully).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)