fritz:
Ferdie:

[...] I also don´t think many other manufacturers would be willing to buy the company, considering the fact that the brand has always been carried in the slipstream of the mother company. Which other manufacturer would be willing to pay the money for a brand that has basically been created from scratch 1,5 decades ago.

I think you are forgetting Ettore Bugatti and Romano Artioli and their respective eras.  Smiley

I've often thought that Artioli might have produced some really interesting cars at saleable prices if he had been able to stick with it longer. Smiley

Of course not... what I was referring to was the resurrection of Bugatti by Volkswagen at request of Piech. Apart from the estate in Molsheim, all other infrastructure has been established from scratch. The same was the case when Artioli bought the name rights and started the EB110 project. The difference is that Bugatti development is embedded inside the Volkswagen group so purchasing the brand would also result in significant development and management restructuring.

That would be different with e.g. Ferrari or Lamborghini that still seem to have a significant amount of development at their original and historical headquarter.