RC:

I am planning to get a Mini this Friday, haven't decided yet which one. The car is mostly for my mother but I will use it as well from time to time. Now the question is: Which one? I have good offers for a basic Mini One and a well optioned Cooper S JCW, both with Steptronic. Not a fan of Mini but the dealer is close to us.

First one is 1k initial payment and 250 EUR per month (36 months/10k km), this also incl. a full coverage insurance and winter wheels. The second one is 6k initial payment, 300 EUR per month, incl. full coverage insurance but the winter wheels are an extra 1k EUR.

This is how the interior of the Cooper S looks alike (photo not from the car itself but it looks the same, incl. the chrono package). I'd love to take the Cooper S JCW but I'm not sure it makes sense since I am going to drive it only once or twice a month.

mini.JPG

RC,

out of curiosity... is that a special deal since you are a regular customer or widely available?

Stylistically I personally don´t see any appeal in the 3rd-gen Mini. The proportions are very odd since they share the engine/drivetrain/platform with the upcoming 1-series BMW.