reginos:

Whoopsy, we don't agree on Malta, no problem and thank you for your views..

wink Agreed to disagree Smiley

Now to Silverstone. Would these 0.34 secs (with all the provisos mentioned) have made you change your mind about which car to choose? Because out of all of us that theorize here you are the only who could afford such a hypercar.

If yes, then this test is relevant.

If no, then there is no point debating.

I had explained that me deciding to let go of my P1 allocation was due to how the 2 cars are designed and built. Performance, aka, results from head to head or whatever, is just icing on the cake. 

I am not going to lose sleep over a fraction of a second over a 58 second lap. That difference is well within a driver's own lap times variation, actually all 3 cars' time are within that time frame, so basically this test is a tie. 

But on the other hand, one can see the P1 is too under tired. Under heavy braking the car wiggles a lot, the front tires are pretty much overloaded, has it been run on wider tires front and rear, I do believe the P1 can post a better time. The potential is there but is not realized. The Trofeo Rs are a stickier tire than the standard Corsa, but they were sized and engineered for the slower 12C, and are 1 size smaller than the regular P1 Corsa. The P1 generates too much speed for the smaller Trofeo R to handle in simple terms. 

--