dreamcar:
reginos:
dreamcar:
reginos:
noone1:

Why not just keep it un-fixed and accept that you're polluting?

I wouldn't mind that at all, believe me. Actually, I would prefer that because with the whatever fix I expect engine performance to be lower. But the fix will be compulsory as I understand it.

--

"Form follows function"

So if the "fix" is compulsory and we (I have the 150bhp TDI engine in my Octavia DD) results in lower performance and / or worse economy what would you believe to be fair and reasonable compensation for ending up with a wore car than you originally purchased? Smiley

At least a free of charge EU6 exchange engine which is supposed to be legal.

--

"Form follows function"

I agree it needs to be a significant offer - here in the UK VW - Skoda - (or in this case the dealership that sold me the car) would be in breach of the Sale of Goods Act (the car is not as described when sold) - technically I could ask to return the car for a full refund although I suspect that would involve quite a battle to accomplish unless there is a class action for that remedy.

Even under the Sale of Goods Act you would not be entitled to a full refund, as an allowance could be deducted to allow for the use you have had from the vehicle. That is, the deduction could vary with the vehicle's mileage and/or age. 

--

fritz