fritz:
tso:
RC:

The lawyer may think he has a case but I wouldn't be so sure. Also, maybe he is thinking that with he current anti-VW atmosphere in the US and the fact that Porsche is a member of the VW Group family, he can win this.

In my opinion, he has no case. Zilch. Nada. The Carrera GT is a perfectly good car, there is no design flaw. I wish I had one. CR has a Carrera GT and he never crashed it. He has skills but I doubt he has the skills of a professional race car driver like Rodas. There are many Carrera GT owners who love their cars and who never had a crash. They know their limit, they know the car, they know how to drive responsible.

Sorry but if I were Porsche, I would fight this as much as possible. I feel sorry for Meadow Walker, I said it before but you just cannot sue a company because it has money and it wouldn't hurt them to pay (this is the mentality behind it). Paul Walker left behind enough money, so making this about money is sad and actually hurts his memory. Porsche has nothing to do with this accident.

It is also my understanding that Rodas had modified the Carrera GT (aftermarket exhaust), the car wasn't properly maintained at a specialized facility and had 9 year old tires (which certainly played a role in the accident).

The girl is 16 years old. I can hardly imagine it is her idea to sue Porsche. At least I know that the last thing I was considering when I was 16, was to sue anyone. Perhaps because I did not grow up in the US.

She will have been put up to this by some ambulance-chasing no-win, no-fee lawyer rubbing his hands at the prospect of a good out-of-court settlement from a victim with deep pockets who, in spite of not having been involved in the crash, might not have the stomach for bad publicity.  

x100

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS